This one-skillet breakfast casserole has it all: eggs, cheese, sausage, and potatoes.
- 3/4 pound fresh ground Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms (drained, if canned)
- 2 cups hashbrown potatoes (refrigerated)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a medium sized skillet, brown sausage, onion, and mushrooms until the sausage is cooked through, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Remove sausage mixture from skillet and set aside. Add hash browns to skillet and cook approximately 5-6 minutes; then turn over and cook an additional 7-8 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper; and then pour meat mixture on top of cooked hash browns before stirring in the egg mixture.
- Cook until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve while warm. Garnish with salsa, if desired.