When you don’t have time to make long-simmered chicken soup, try this 30-minute version.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts,
- cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 6 cups (11⁄2 quarts) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves or
- 11⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill fronds or
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan or soup pot.
- Bring to a simmer over high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer very slowly until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.