Eggs, sausage, cheese, and tomatoes wrapped in a tortilla shell make a delicious, quick, on the go burritos breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup onion – chopped
- 1/4 cup green chilies – drained and chopped
- 8 ounces ground sausage – cooked, crumbled and drained
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups pepper jack cheese – shredded
- 6 tortillas – 8 inch
- Salsa – optional
- 1 tomato – chopped
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add onion and cook over medium heat until the onion is softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in chilies and heat through.
- Add in cooked sausage and remove from heat.
- Combine eggs and water in a medium bowl.
- Beat with a whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet with the onions, chiles and sausage.
- Cook over medium heat allowing the edges to solidify. Then lift and flip the eggs so that the underside can cook. Cook until the eggs are soft set, approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- For each burrito, place 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top of an open tortilla.
- Heat for 45 seconds in the microwave.
- Top with 1/3 cup of the egg mixture and 1 tablespoons of salsa, if desired, or 2 tablespoons of chopped tomatoes.
- Top with another 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling.
- Tuck in each end and roll up the tortilla.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.