There are a few ways you can try at home to reduce hormone imbalances and PMS related problems:
- Eat Organic foods: When you’re eating ‘junk food’, you’re also ingesting pesticides, herbicides and possibly growth hormones. Ingested chemicals interact with your body’s functions, which can affect your hormones. Eating organic foods means you’re not overloading your body with chemicals and you can start to correct mistakes from the past and balance your hormones. You can also start to detoxify your body with milk thistle.
- Eat more Omega-3 Rich Foods: Walnuts, organic flaxseeds and some fish like wild Salmon are all healthy foods rich with omega-3 fatty acids.
- Don’t let your Blood Sugar values spike: You can gain undesirable weight because your blood sugar is spiking a lot, even though you are not eating a lot of sugar. Healthy fats in combination with carbohydrates will stabilize your blood sugar throughout the day.
- Gluten-Free food: Replace gluten-rich food (white flour, white rice, potatoes) with gluten-free whole grains such as quinoa, millet and whole grain gluten-free bread.
- Sleep 8 hours a Night: It’s very important to regenerate your body by getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night. While you sleep, your body rests and reboots your hormone levels.
- Mediate: Meditation is a great way to calm down and relax. You can also try different types of yoga, which ever best suits you.
- Exercise and be active: Even light movement such as walking in the park and stretching few times a day keeps your body active and full of energy throughout the day.