Make a tasty and healthy quiche tomato and spinach for lunch.
- 2 cups – Whole Grain Instant Brown Rice
- 1 cup – chopped tomato3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup – swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup – half and half
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. – ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. – ground nutmeg
- 1 package frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup of water
- Cook rice according to package directions (minus the butter) replacing water with broth. Add water to meet the required amount of liquid in directions if necessary.
- In the meantime, combine spinach, 1/2 c. of cheese, 1/2 c. of the tomato, cream, eggs, pepper and nutmeg, set aside.
- Combine rice and the remaining cheese in a large bowl, set aside.
- Spray a 10-inch quiche dish w/ cooking spray.
- Press rice mixture into bottom and sides of dish.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Lower temp to 385 and pour the spinach mixture into rice crust.
- Top with remaining tomato.
- Continue baking at 385 for 25 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.